BY AMIT MITTAL, Business Coach, Consulting & Advisory
When you invest in different markets like mutual funds and the stock market, there is always a financial risk. One of the most significant financial risks for a company is running out of cash. Today we will see five ways in which you can mitigate all financial risk by making different business plans.
- Develop a solid plan: Before jumping into any business idea, you need to make a business plan – it is the key to success for all the entrepreneurs out there. You must know how much time and capital you can invest in your business. Market research is another significant aspect to consider as it tells you about your competitors and how they play in the market. This plan will help you identify if your business will succeed or not.
- Seek diverse funding channels and opportunities: Building a business from scratch requires a significant amount of capital. Hence, make sure you have all the funding channels available to you who can fund your company at all times. It can be sponsors, government-funded loans, venture capital funds, etc.
- Perform Quality control tests: Customer reviews of your product/service are the best way to see how your company is doing. You can release your services or products to a small target audience and get their feedback before releasing it on a large scale. It gives you a chance to improve your flaws and succeed in the market. Instead of spending too much money, releasing the product/service on a large scale, and not getting any profit, you can use this technique for the betterment of your company.
- Keep good records: You must have a record of all the finances your business is handling. If you have a proper filing system and keep up with all the paperwork, it can help you track your progress and budget. You will have a record of deadlines as to when to pay your taxes and other bills.
- Buy Insurance: You must have insurance for your company like death, disaster, and other threats that can destroy your business. It will cost you some money to buy insurance, but you will be assured that you won’t lose everything in your business in times of need. You must save as much money as you can for your business. If it goes to losses, then you will have a cushion to grow again. You can put this money in an emergency fund as a backup plan in case your business fails.
As a business owner or entrepreneur, it is tough to own a successful business in their first go unless you minimize the financial risks. With so much competition in the market, many businesses fail every year. You can’t guarantee 100% that your business will succeed, but you can reduce the financial risks by taking each step in the market smartly and efficiently.
Statistics say that businesses fail after the first few years of their establishment than in their first year. The future of a business is uncertain, but you can make sure to sustain it as long as possible by saving money.